This rava dhokla has soft and fluffy texture. This is a healthy snack as it is steamed and very less oil is used to make tempering. You can serve it as a snack or weekend breakfast.
Coarse sooji (semolina or rava) – ½ cup
Green chilies – 1, finely chopped
Ginger paste – ½ teaspoon
Cilantro leaves – 6 sprigs, chopped finely
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Yogurt – ¼ cup
Water – ½ cup
Eno (fruit salt) – ½ teaspoon
For tempering or tadka:
Oil – 1 tablespoons
Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
Green chilies – 2-3, slit
Curry leaves – 4-5
Red chili powder – ¼ teaspoon
How to make Instant rava dhokla (Step by Step Recipe with Photos):
1) Take coarse sooji in a bowl and add chopped green chilies, cilantro, ginger paste, salt and oil.
2) Mix it very well.
3) Now add yogurt.
4) Mix well so all the sooji is moistened and becomes thick paste.
5) Now Make lump free batter by adding little water at a time. If you dump all the water at same time then there will be many lumps of sooji. Now let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
6) When it is about to 30 minutes. Prepare the steamer. Add a glass of water in steamer and let it come to a boil. Grease the dhokla tray with oil. I have used 9 inch cake pan as a dhokla tray.
7) Once everything is ready for steaming then sprinkle eno over the dhokla batter. It will bubble up. Immediately stir it. Do not stir too much otherwise eno’s bubbly effect will go away.
8) Do not waste time and IMMEDIATELY pour the batter into the prepared tray.
9) Steam it for 10-12 minutes on medium heat. time may vary as per the tray size and thickness of the dhokla. Best way to check is insert a knife into the dhokla and if it comes out clean then it is ready.
10) Remove the tray from steamer and let it cool for 5 minutes and then cut into desired shape.
11) Now Make tempering. Heat the oil in a small tadka pan on medium heat. Once hot add mustard seeds and let them pop.
12) Then add slit green chilies and curry leaves. Turn off the stove.
13) Let the oil cool down for a minute. Then add red chili powder.
14) If red chili powder is added into the hot oil then it will burn.
15) Using a spoon drizzle the tadka over the dhokla. It does not require that all of the surface is covered with tadka. Now using the flat spatula remove the dhokla from the tray and serve.
Make this yummy instant dhokla recipe in your kitchen and let me know how you and your family liked it in the comments below.
At least 30 minutes soaking time is must. By this time sooji will get soften, hence the dhokla will be so soft and fluffy.
The steaming time may vary by 2-3 minutes more or less. It depends on the size of the dhokla pan or the thickness of the dhokla.