paneer jalfrezi recipe with step by step photos. This paneer vegetable jalfrezi is yet another easy paneer recipe that you can make for a side dish. Vegetable jalfrezi is one of those dishes we order in North Indian restaurants to add some ‘vegetables’ and therefore nutrition to our meal. We’re obviously kidding ourselves since most of these places use cream as the base of the gravy but still,
Paneer – 200 gms
Red Bell Pepper – 1
Yellow bell pepper – 1
Capsicum or green bell pepper – 1
Baby corn – 5
Onion – 1
Tomato – 2 (1+1 divided)
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Tomato sauce – ¼ cup
Red chili powder – 1-1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Kalonji (Onion seeds – ½ tsp (optional)
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Kasuri methi – ½ tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – ½ tbsp
1. Cut paneer into long strips. Cut the colored bell peppers into thin strips.
2. Cube onions and tomatoes. Chop each baby corn into 2 or 3 pieces.
3. Heat a pan with oil.
4. Add cumin seeds and kalonji and let them sizzle.
5. Add cubed onion and saute till it turns pink.
6. Add 1 cubed tomato, ginger garlic paste, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
7. Add coriander powder, red chili powder and mix well. The mixture will become dry.
8. Add tomato sauce, mix well and cook for a minute.
9. Add sliced baby corn, bell pepper strips, 3 to 4 tbsp water and mix well.
10. Close the pan with a lid and let it cook for 3-4 mins over medium flame. Mix in between.
11. Once the vegetables are cooked through, add paneer strips, remaining 1 cubed tomato and toss well to mix.
12. Cook for 4-5 mins over medium flame.
13. Add garam masala powder, kasuri methi and toss well to mix once again and take off fire.
14. Paneer Jalfrezi is ready.
15. Serve hot along with a wedge of lemon as an accompaniment to pulao, biriyani or rotis.