A rich Mughlai cuisine. Navratan means nine gems, includes mix vegetables, paneer, raisins and cashew nuts, those are cooked in mild and little sweet, creamy gravy
French beans, chopped 1/2 cup
Potato, chopped 1
Cauliflower, chopped 1/2 cup
Carrot, chopped 1/8 cup
Paneer, cut into a 1/2 inch cubes 200 gram
Pineapple, cut into 1/2 inch cubes 1/2 cup
Cashew nuts, broken 8-10 for adding in the curry and 1/4 cup for grind to make a paste
Raisins 2 tablespoon
Onion, diced 2
Oil 4 tablespoon
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Bay leaf 1
Cinnamon stick 1/2 inch piece
Cardamom green 2
Ginger-garlic paste 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
Green chilly, chopped 2
Coriander leaves for garnish
Cream 1/4 cup
Pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
Saffron 1/4 tsp or few strands
Milk 2 tablespoon
1. Clean and wash the vegetables. Peel off the skin of potato, carrot and pineapple and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Cut the paneer into 1/2 inch cubes and chop the french beans. Boil 4 glass of water in a wok and add potato and beans. Cook covered on medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
2. Then add carrot and cauliflower. Cook covered for another 3-4 minutes till the veggies are properly cooked. Drain the water and keep the veggies in a plate.
3. Now boil onion and cashew nuts together into another wok for 4-5 minutes, drain the water and let it cool at the room temperature. Now grind onion-cashew nuts together to make a fine paste. you can add 2-3 tablespoon water while grinding it.
4. Heat the wok with oil and temper with cumin seeds, cardamom green, cloves, cinnamon stick and bay leaf. When cumin seeds starts crackling add ginger-garlic paste.
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame, then add ground onion-cashew nuts paste.
6. Cook it on low flame for 3-4 minutes. Then add coriander powder, pepper powder, cumin powder and green chilly. Cook the spices for another 5-6 minutes till oil shows separately.
7. Add 1 cup water in the wok and mix it well. When the water starts boiling add cooked vegetables in the wok.
8. Then add almonds, cashew nuts, raisins, paneer and pineapple. Cook covered on low flame for 5-6 minutes or till the gravy is a bit thick. Dissolve saffron in two table spoon of warm milk and then pour it in the kadhai.
9. Add fresh cream, mix it well. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Delicious Navratan Korma is ready to serve, serve hot with chapatti and rice.