Mutton korma originated from Mughlai cuisine. Mutton korma is a traditional recipe of India and Pakistan. Korma in Pakistan is usually prepared on special occasions
Mutton 1 kg
Onion brown 1
Raw onion 2 (sliced)
Oil ¾ cup
White cumin seeds 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Whole spices 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 3 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Paprika powder 1 tsp
Dry coriander powder 2 tsp
Green chili paste 4 tsp
Tomatoes 2 medium (chopped)
Yogurt 1 ¼ cup
Blanched almonds ¼ cup (fried)
1.Grind fried onion with, raw onions and white cumin seeds. .
2. Heat oil, stir fry mutton for about 5 – 7 minutes..
3. Stir in the grinded onion, whole spices and ginger garlic paste over medium low heat..
4. After that add red chili powder, paprika powder, dry coriander powder, green chili paste, tomato and yogurt; mix well and making sure all the meat is coated with the spices..
5. Finally add 1 to 1-1/2 cup of water..
6. Simmer the meat for about 1 hour or till the mutton gets fully cooked and water evaporates..
7. Now add desirable amount of water according to the gravy you want..
8. Cook the korma till you get the right consistency..
9. Garnish with almonds and serve with pilaf or roti.