Mushroom pepper fry recipe / mushroom stir fry recipe – is an easy mushroom recipe with a peppery flavor. This is a mushroom pepper fry dry recipe which is very easy to make and is made with button mushrooms. So this dish can also be called as button mushroom pepper fry . You can also try making mushroom pepper fry with other mushroom varieties.
Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 15 min
Mushrooms – 250 gms, white button mushrooms
Green capsicum – 1, large, chop into bite sized chunks
Onion – 1, large, sliced
Green chilis – 1, slit
Garlic – 3 cloves, finely minced
Ginger – 1/2″, finely minced
Lemon juice – 1 tsp (optional)
Curry leaves – a sprig
Black peppercorns – 3/4 tsp, freshly ground
Oil – 2 tbsps
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnish
1. Clean mushrooms of all its dirt and trim the stems. Place them in salted boiling water for a mt. Strain and pat dry with a clean towel. Slice them and set aside.
2. Add oil in a wok or heavy bottomed vessel. Once hot, add garlic and saute for a few secs. Do not burn them. Add the sliced onions, minced ginger, green chilli and curry leaves and saute for 3 mts.
3. Add the capsicum pieces and saute on medium high for 4-5 mts, tossing constantly so that they do not burn.
4. Add the sliced mushrooms, place lid and cook on medium flame until soft and cooked. Stir once in a while. If there is any liquid, cook till the liquid is absorbed. Increase flame and toss the mushrooms so that they do not burn.
5. Add black pepper powder and salt and mix. Turn off flame, add lemon juice and mix. Remove to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve warm.
You can add a tomato at the time of sauteing mushrooms.
If using tomato, omit lemon juice.
mushroom pepper fry is a party appetizer or restaurant style stir fry. learn how to make mushroom pepper fry with capsicum, mushrooms and black peppercorns.