A simple recipe of eggless sponge cake can be use as a base for many other desserts like eggless chocolate cake, orange gateau, almond praline cake etc.
Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes Cooking Time: 35-40 Minutes
Serving: 1 kg cake
2 cup All purpose flour
2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Cooking soda
1/2 cup Curd
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
1 teaspoon Raspberry essence
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Milk
Ingredients for Coffee Frosting:
1 cup Heavy cream/ whipping cream
1/4 cup Icing sugar
1 teaspoon Coffee powder
1/2 cup plus 3-4 tbsp more Dark Chocolate chips
1 teaspoon Chocolate essence
1/4 cup Grated chocolate or chocolate curls
1. Take the curd in a bowl and add sugar. Mix it well, till sugar dissolves completely. Then add baking powder and cooking soda. Mix it well.
2. You will notice that the curd is foamy now. Then add oil and essence into it. mix it well. (You can use essence/flavor) of your choice, I used red because my kid loves it)
3. Sieve the flour in a broad bowl and add curd-sugar mixture into it. Just give a quick mix.
4. Add milk and make a lumps free batter. Don’t over mix the batter.
5. Grease the baking pan with oil and dust with flour. Now pour the cake batter in a greased pan. Bake it in a pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of the pan if its comes out clean, it means the cake is ready and if it doesn’t, bake for few more minutes. Let it cool at the room temperature, the invert the cake.