But it’s really true, guys: to get perfectly golden french fries that are soft in the middle and crisp on the surface, plunging potatoes straight into oil just doesn’t work. The starch on the outside of the potatoes interferes with the texture of the fries and never allows them to become nice and crisp, and in order to cook the fries long enough to soften the potato, the outside can often get to brown. Utter chaos, I’m telling you!
So, knowing how you can prepare them at home is a great way to keep your child happy, you can also use it as an incentive to get their homework done or being an obedient kid.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes Cooking Time: 7-8 Minutes
5 tbsp Corn flour
Vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Peel off the potatoes, Cut them in the shape of french fries (keep the thickness around 0.5centimeters) You can also buy a french fries cutter
2. Wash the slices in Tap running water. Keep it in a bowl filled with a glass of water for 15-20 minutes (starch will be removed by doing this).
3. Pat dry on a towel, then shift it to a plate and sprinkle some corn flour and mix it well.
4. Deep fry the french fries on a slightly lower than medium flame, it it is light golden in color.
5. Put it on a tissue to get rid of the excess oil. Do it with all the french fries and serve it with your favorite sauce.