Awadhi Biryani is everyone’s favorite rice dish. Lucknowi biryani is the royal biryani of Mughals. Try out this recipe of Lucknowi biryani.
Chicken, cut into pieces 400 gm
Garlic, ginger chopped 24 gm
Onion chopped 12 gm
Milk 1/2 liter
Basmati rice 400 gm
Saffron 2 pinches
Chicken stock 1/2 cup
Desi ghee 60 gm
Mixed dry fruit 60 gm
Onions 250 gm
All-spice grounded 2 tbsp
Green chillies 60 gm
Mint leaves a bunch
Coriander leaves a bunch
Green cardamom 10 gm
White pepper 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Crushed red chillies to taste
1.Heat a pan. Heat ghee in it and add cardamom..
2. When it begins to crackle, add ginger-garlic and onion..
3. Saute till onion becomes transparent..
4. Add chicken and saute till dry..
5. Add green chili, milk, salt, red chillies, mint leaves, all-spice, white pepper and chicken stock and cook for 15 minutes..
6. When the chicken is ready, remove from pan and reduce the sauce to make thick gravy..
7. Cook rice separately with cardamom in salted water..
8. Flavor some of the rice with saffron..
9. To assemble, arrange rice on a plate, add chicken and gravy, and top with saffron rice..
10. Garnish with coriander leaves, fried onion and mixed dry fruit..
11. Serve with papad, raita and pickle.