Aloo Samosa are triangular shaped pastries filled with savory potatoes and mild spices. Samosa varies with different regions. In most of the places, people use only potato as stuffing with added flavours. Along with the mild spices, addition of ingredients are also used with the potato filling, like panner (cottage cheese) cubes, almonds, peanuts, cashews, green peas and other vegetables.
250 gms refined flour (maida)
2 cups boiled potatoes diced into small pieces
green chillies finely chopped
1 tsp ajwain
oil for frying
ghee for making samosa pieces
Directions to make aloo samosa, evening snack recipe:
1. Make a dough of flour with warm water, add few tsps of ghee, salt and ajwain. Make a soft dough and leave it for 30 minutes.
2. Heat little oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When it starts to sizzle, add mango, chilli, turmeric and cumin powder.
3. Now add the potatoes, green peas, green chillies ground nuts. Mix well and then add salt. Add garam masala, chaat masala and saute the mixture well. Take it off flame and let it cool.
4. Make small cones with the kneaded dough and add the potatoes filling. Close the ending with the help of fingertips.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the cones. Fry till the samosas/cones becomes brown in colour.
6.Take it out in a tissue paper to remove excess oil.
Samosas are ready to eat! Serve it hot with coriander or tamarind chutney or tomato ketchup.